Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We did a lot of celebrating for Thanksgiving.  Last Saturday, we had Josh's mom's side over to our house.  Josh made a wonderful meal of homemade French onion soup, smoked pork shoulder, baked sweet potatoes, fresh green beans with bacon and pecans and a shrimp/cream cheese dip.  Jasper got to play with his cousin Sklyer (10) who was a great sport, because Jasper kept saying, "Friend, come play with me!"  We all played Catch Phrase, which was pretty hilarious.

Thanksgiving morning, Jasper helped me make dressing and Pilgrim Hats (a fudge striped cookie turned upsidedown with a chocolate dipped marshmellow on top and a little yellow icing buckle.)  We had lunch at my Aunt Joyce's house.  Jasper was the only little kid, but seemed to have fun playing by himself.  Then we went to Jack and Judy's and Jasper was thrilled to play with Sklyer and Carter and to see Uncle Derek and Katie.

Jasper and I spent the night at my parents and Jasper, Mom and I went Christmas shopping on Friday.  Jasper was a trooper, and even said, "I love Christmas shopping!"  He picked out his two exchange gifts right away and also chose his birthday party invitations (Transformers!)

I have so much to be thankful for - a wonderful husband, an amazing son, fantastic parents, in-laws, grandparents and extended family, a nice home to live in, a job (and I'm even thankful that Josh has a part time job) and a God who provides for us and loves us unconditionally.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: