Here's some highlights from the past few weeks...
Jasper says the FUNNIEST things now. A sampling:
*"I want to push the ding dong button." (the doorbell)
*"Whatcha doin' Mommy?" I said, "Watering the flowers." Jasper replied, "That will make them happy!"
*When given tangerine pieces and told they're like peaches, Jasper said, "I want pretty peaches."
*"Your toenails brown, Mommy?" I said, "Yes, Mommy painted them." (not really brown, a dark pinky color) Jasper said, "Daddy paints his toenails, too." (Daddy hurt his toe and one is all black)
*Jasper said,“Mommy, be a dragon.” Josh said (trying to convince Jasper to eat a veggie,)“You know what dragons eat, don’t you? --Carrots!” Jasper quickly replied, “AND boys!”
*When seeing painted breezeway for first time, Jasper said,“Cool – it’s blue!” The next day he said, "I like this color!"
*As I was pulling into a parking spot, Jasper said honestly, "Mommy, it's not going so well."
This week, Jasper got to go to Grandma Cathy's house and he had a blast. So much so that he said, "I don't want to leave yet!" He was asleep not 5 minutes after we left, though!
The past few hot days, we've played water games in the evenings. We used squirt bottles and squirt guns and wet sponge balls. Yesterday we ran through the sprinkler. Soon we'll put up the pool.
Today, Jasper got to see Grandma Judy and Grandpa Jack. He didn't want them to leave either, and he hugged and kissed and hugged and kissed them!
Tomorrow starts another new week. Starting this week I will be working 4 days a week because my job is so busy. Jasper will either go to daycare, Grandma Cathy's or Grandma Cathy or Grandma Judy will come here to watch him. I will have Fridays off. I am giving piano lessons to two boys, so that will be on Fridays as well as playdates, errands, chores, other summer outings, etc. It will be busy, but fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment