Monday, June 29, 2009

A Turtle and Some Magic


My boss found a nice sized turtle in his yard yesterday and brought it to work today so I could bring it home for Jasper. I picked Jasper up from school and told him I had a surprise in the car. He said, "What is it Mommy??" I told him it had a shell, walked slowly and put its head in and out. He said, "It's a turtle!" Later this evening, he decided to name him Jeffery. (He used to have a sock puppet named Jeffery...) He said that Jeffery liked pizza and meat!

Jasper and Josh got the turtle out and let it run around in the back yard. Jasper even picked it up and put it on his playground and even pushed him down the slide.

After all that turtle playtime, it was time for a bath! As I was getting Jasper dressed, he held out both hands with his fists clenched and said, "What hand is the penny in?" I had never heard him say anything like this before, so I pointed to one hand. He opened it and said, "NOO" so then I pointed to the other hand and he opened it and said NOO. Then he put his hand up to my hear and pretended to pull a penny out and said, "It was in your ear the whole time. I'm a magician. I have a rabbit and a hat and I'm a magician!" He even duplicated the trick with a real penny for Josh. He first actually stuck it in Josh's ear so he could really pull it out when he said, "It was in your ear the whole time!" We don't know where he learned this!!

No comments: