Jasper had a BUSY week last week, but here are some highlights.
Monday – Daddy worked late, so Jasper and Mommy went to the park, had a picnic and played
Tuesday – Daddy played tennis with a friend in LaPorte, so Jasper and Mommy drove to the tennis courts with our supper, ate and watched Daddy play. Then Jasper played “ball boy” picking up all the loose balls. Then all three of us played at the “Castle Park” Jasper now has names for all of his favorite parks. There’s the red park (the one at the elementary school that has red playground equipment,) the climbing park (the one near the highschool that has a climbing wall,) the castle park (the one at Kesling Park in LaPorte that has wooden playground equipment that looks sort of like a castle.)
Wednesday – Jasper spent the day at Grandma Cathy’s. Josh and I went vehicle shopping in the evening, so we didn’t pick him up until about 7. He had a blast! He has claimed the spare room there as “Bapper’s room” He was playing superman and batman. He loves to run around with his arms out yelling I BATMAN! I’ll sing the little song from the TV show and at the end he’ll yell BATMAN!
Thursday – After school, Jasper and I drove to Peru. Jasper stayed at Grandma Marilyn’s house with cousins Sklyar (8) and Carter (6) while I went to a scrapbooking class. He had a great time – so much that he didn’t want to leave. “I want stay at Gwama Mawiwin’s house!!” When I finally did get him in the car (around 10 p.m.) he stayed awake all the way to my parents’ house and then played a while there before falling asleep on his cute little cot.
Friday -Mom, Jasper and I met Grandma Marilyn, Skylar and Carter and Aunt Bonnie at Chuck E Cheese’s in Kokomo. The kids had a blast! Jasper especially liked the virtual roller coaster and getting his picture taken and printed on a little ID card (three times!) He wasn’t into the live Chuck E Cheese though – said he was “scawy” After that, we headed to Plymouth for Matthew Finney’s b-day party. Jasper only slept about half an hour, so I was a little worried how he’d do - especially when he started screaming – I DON”T WANT TO GO TO MATTHEW”S PARTY!! We made a stop at a car lot so he could walk around, and he sat in the grass and picked weeds while I talked to the salesman. He then proceeded to give the weeds to the salesman –it was pretty cute. He ended up being excited to go to the party because there was a sand box involved. He had a good time at the party and even did a good job when Matthew opened his presents. He did say, “I want dat” a few times when Matthew got new toys. Instead of a traditional gift, I wrote Matthew a personalized story and made it into a book with a cute cover. His mom liked it and hopefully he will when they read it to him! We ended up being the last to leave and then went home to relax!
Saturday - stayed home, cleaned, worked on breezeway
Sunday – We went to church, and Jasper wanted a pencil to draw with. There wasn’t one in our section of the pew, but there was in the section of the man next to us. I told Jasper to whisper and ask nicely for the pencil. He whispered as loud as he could, “Can I have dat pencil – pease?” The man either didn’t hear him or ignored him, so Jasper repeated himself several times. Then he looked at me and whispered, “Dat man isn’t saying yes, Mommy – dat man isn’t saying yes”. After the children's story, all the kids got a neat slice of a rock. It was purple, and he was soo excited about it. He showed everyone in the lobby after church his ‘pupple rock’ and then he had to carry it with him the rest of the day. He did end up dropping it and breaking it, but when I said, “It’s ok, now you have three” he seemed ok with it. He got a cute, short haircut and was such a good boy during it! We went to Lowes afterward, and he kept taking off his hat and telling people, “I got a haiwcut” Jasper took a nice long nap so I could get some more work done on the breezeway.
No comments:
Post a Comment