We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend, but it was a busy one!! It all started Thursday night when we went to the Walkerton Festival. Jasper didn't want to leave home, so he screamed in his stroller the whole way there. As soon as he saw the rides, though, he started ooh-ing and ahh-ing. He jumped in a small inflatable thing and insisted on riding the kiddie cars that went around in circles. We explained that he'd have to go by himself and he was all for it. We bought tickets, led him into the ride, and Jasper hopped into a vehicle, let the guy buckle him in and gripped the steering wheel, grinning with delight. The first trip around, he still had that excited smile on his face, and Josh and I couldn't believe it! The second time around, he looked happy; the third time, he looked indifferent; the fourth, he looked scared; and the fifth he looked terrified and was SCREAMING. We had to have them stop the ride for him to get off. It was kind of funny... We got some snacks, played the ducky game and headed home - and Jasper screamed because he didn't want to leave.
Friday afternoon, Colin met us at our house, and we all headed to Peru to the Gahs' campground. Colin rode with Jasper and I and Josh drove Colin's car. Colin hadn't eaten lunch, so we went through the McDonald's drive through. Colin jokingly said as we pulled up to the window, "Uh-oh, I don't have any money." Jasper grabbed the pennies from his carseat's cupholder and said,"I have two coins, Uncle Colin." How cute is that?? When we got to the campsite, Jasper and Ada played, we visited and ate dinner. Jasper went home with my parents, and Josh and I got to stay and ride 4-wheelers. It was a blast! We got a little muddy...and got off the trail once, but Tyler came and we 'followed him back to safety.' (A funny thing Jasper said while he was at my parents': After waking up at Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Brooke’s house in the same room as Uncle Colin. Colin said, “Jasper, are you ready for breakfast?” Jasper said, “I eat breakfast and get big and strong like Mommy and Daddy, and you, too, Uncle Colin!”)
No comments:
Post a Comment