Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Trip to the Walkerton Dunes...

Last night, Daddy and Jasper got supper and went to the park to play (new park name – middle school park is the bridge park) I got home and Josh and I ate, cleaned up the kitchen and then we all went to the climbing park and played in the sand pile with Jasper’s pail and shovel. We all took off our shoes and socks and ran up and down the sand pile, collected rocks and built sand castles. It's our own little Walkerton sand dune!

Jasper’s been dancing. He told me yesterday, “I got a new move, Mommy” He does this little twist thing with one leg while holding up one arm. He also runs sideways and kicks out one leg. The other day he was watching a show in my bedroom and I heard a lot of noise. I went in and he was dancing to a song on the TV. SOo cute!

We’re starting to be able to reason with Jasper on the whole vegetable thing. He had to eat one bit of sugar snap pea before he could have his cherries for dessert. He sagged his shoulders and his eyes welled up with tears. We told him he could not cry about it. He either had to take one bite and then have his cherries or take no bites and get down from the table without the cherries. He eventually did take a bite. He’s also taken a bite of green bean on another occasion. After that bite, I asked if he liked it and he said, “Yes” then I asked if he wanted more and he said no.

We didn't make him eat veggies last night, and as a special treat (to celebrate Josh and my 7 year anniversary) we got ice cream. Jasper ate his ice cream sandwich and then tried to drink the melted ice cream out of the bowl by sticking his face in the bowl!

Jasper’s getting better at some pronunciation. He still replaces ‘f’s with the d sound. He says ‘dun’ instead of fun. I will say fff, fff, fun. He’ll repeat fff, fff, dun! He usually says yeah instead of yes, which sounds more like nyeah – so we’ve been encouraging him to say yesss – and he can now.

No comments: