Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Whiny Day


Jasper cried and cried last night before bed. I think it had to do with having stayed away from home the night before. (Though he had a wonderful time with Brama and Pa pa Jack - and all the animals! He even got to play with some of Daddy's old toys.) Then he woke up at 5:30 a.m. and wouldn't got back to sleep. His tummy hurt and he was very clingy and whiny. We tried to get ready for church, but couldn't get him to calm down. Finally, I held him on my lap real tight and he fell asleep. We put him down on the couch and he slept for nearly 2 hours. He was fairly good throughout the day, but we think he wasn't feeling his best. He went through several Mommy moments and a few tantrums this afternoon.

We went outside and pulled up the petunias and cut down some hostas. Jasper loved playing outside, and actually asked to take a walk. He didn't want pushed in his stroller, he wanted to walk on his own! When we finally came in, he protested!! Finally we got him to calm down and he fell asleep on my lap at 7:30 p.m. and has been asleep in his crib ever since we put his pjs on.

After dinner, we were drawing with crayons. Jasper would hand Josh or I a crayon and ask us to draw something and then he'd identify it (tree, house, shoe, cat, etc.) Then I started drawing shapes and letters. He identified circle and star (which he's known for awhile) but then he said square and triangle! We always point them out in books, but I didn't even know that he knew them! He also identified A, B, O and H and sometimes C! He continues to amaze us.

No comments: