Friday, January 16, 2009

A Handy Man

 
Jasper was all decked out this morning in his work gloves, hard hat and goggles working at his tool bench. Jasper and I decided to stay in today rather than brave the 20 below weather outside. I was going to take him to daycare for a few hours so I could go into work and get some things done. I had already decided not to venture out when daycare called and said they'd be closing at noon.

Jasper has been playing pretend with the doll today. He pretended to take his temperature, change his diaper and put him to bed. Jasper also figured out that if he wanted to look in a drawer that he couldn't reach that he should go get a stool. He went looking for his stool, and when he found it, brought it in, climbed up and got in the drawer. He found an infant's pacifier thermometer and has been putting it in his mouth calling it is "ba ba." He also found his sunglasses and had a good time trying to get those on.

Lately, Jasper's been telling us when things hurt, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it really hurts or if he just wants to say the word. He is still pretty tough when it comes to boo boo's. For instance, this morning he bumped his head on the corner of the end table and had a pretty nice gash. He whimpered and said, "head hurts, Mommy kiss." After a kiss and his "boo boo bunny" he was fine.

Jasper and I played "Mommy says" today. He loved it. He didn't really get the idea of not doing this if I didn't say "Mommy says" but he liked doing different actions like standing on one foot, jumping, spinning in circle, touching his head and rubbing his belly, etc.

Nano is surviving the cold just fine. He sleeps in a wooden box filled with straw. It has sides and a back and we've given him blankets (which he always carries outside) Today since it was so cold, we carried his bed into the workshop and locked the door to the garage. He seems to like the somewhat-warmer area. The only problem is there's no doggie door, so I have to go let him out occassionally. Apparently he's not used to holding it though, because he'd gone right next to the door, and it's so cold I couldn't even clean it up because it was frozen solid to the ground! Yuck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: