Last Friday, we watched Matthew Finney (Jasper's friend from church) because his Mommy had to work and his daycare was closed for the holidays. Matthew got to our house around 7:30 and stayed until about 4 that afternoon. We joked that it was a good test to see if I could handle two kids at once. Matthew's daddy pointed out that I'd never have the luxury of having two so close in age to play with one another, though!
We did have a brief incident when Jasper hit Matthew in the head with his tape measure. It wasn't malicious - I could see the wheels turning in Jasper's head as he did it- he looked at the tape measure and then at Matthew's head and wondered what would happen if...? Well after a timeout and an apology all was well. Later Matthew hit his head (not hard) on something else and was crying a bit. I said, "Shake it off" and Matthew looked at me with a puzzled expression and then shook his arms and legs!
Later before naptime, Matthew whispered to Jasper, "Let's hide in the closet." So they both got in my closet and shut the door. Later Jasper whispered the same to Matthew and they did it again.
The boys enjoyed playing with tools and fingerpainting the most. After naptime and two clothes changes, we headed into Plymouth to drop Matthew off to his Mommy. I thought it went very well, and I decided if I could magically produce a child about 6 months older than Jasper, a second child may be an option...
No comments:
Post a Comment