Wednesday, Jasper and I took a morning walk and played at the park in our PJs - Jasper loved it! Then we came home and got ready for our playdate with the Porters. Norah (4) and Brady (2) and their Mommy, Mary (I won't reveal her age) came over. The kids had a blast playing inside and outside. Jasper was so sad to see them go and kept calling for "Dora" to come back. Norah said through the window of the car as they left, "It's ok, Jasper, I can come back tomorrow." Jasper refused to take a nap after they left because he was so upset, so I told him we could go in the truck and see if we could find Norah (I know, a bit of a lie...) Well, he fell asleep, but as I was carrying him inside, he woke up, looked around and said worriedly, "Where's Dora??" Needless to say, that didn't work, and he didn't actually fall asleep until 4 p.m. Between my first attempt at nap and actual nap, Jasper dropped and broke our digital camera - so no pictures for a while. Looks like I'll be able to borrow my parents old camera until we can replace ours.
All week, Jasper's been serenading us with songs from his school program (tonight) and it's so cute to have him sing to us before bed instead of us singing to him. My favorite from this week was He's Got the Whole Word In His Hands (the verse when he said, "He's got da wittle bitty baby in his hands" was the best!)
Last night was so beautiful that we ate dinner outside. I think Jasper enjoyed that. Heidi brought her dog, Fink, over to stay for a couple days while she helps her sister move. Jasper thought it was neat to have two dogs at our house!
Today, Jasper and I went to the greenhouse to get flowers and vegetable plants. He was very good! Then we went to the library for books, movies and CDs and to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. Then home for lunch, a little playtime, and then I did a brave thing (or stupid??) I took Jasper and the two dogs on a walk. I hooked both leashes to the stroller and off we went. All of them did well, but we had to bring the dogs back before we were really done walking because it was so hot. Jasper fell asleep as we finished our walk and is still sleeping now. I had to stay in for a while to cool off, but am now headed out to plant flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment