Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Playing Catch Up

I haven’t posted in a while… Here’s what’s been going up with us. Two weekends ago, Grandma Debbie came up and spent the night with us. She watched Jasper during the day while I was out so Josh could work outside. Then she watched him so Mommy and Daddy could have a date night (Ponderosa and a movie – Josh actually picked 17 Again!) Sunday was the Mother’s Day Banquet at church that I helped plan. It went really well and it was fun to have my mom and my Jasper there!

Last Wednesday, my Grandpa Pete had surgery, so Mom and Grandma June spent the night here. Jasper loved spending time with them in the morning and even got Grandma June into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Uncle Colin visited on Friday night for a seafood meal on the grill (Josh grilled salmon and scallops and made a shrimp dip.) He stayed the night and Jasper had a blast playing with him. At one point Jasper decorated Colin's face with smiley face stickers. After Colin left, Josh, Jasper and I headed to Plymouth for a picnic at the park and then went to the driving range. Jasper and I lounged on a blanket while Josh practiced with his new golf shoes.

We decided over the weekend to give Jasper a break from the potty training. He's in pull ups for a while and we're hardly even mentioning potty to him. He did tell Daddy on his own last night, so we figure he'll let us know when he's ready to start back up. It is just a little frustrating that he had been doing so well, but I know that is not uncommon.

Jasper and I stayed home today and did all kinds of stuff - crafts, books, toys, songs, took a walk, made cookies...and then this evening he got to go to his favorite friend, Matthew's house for a little while because I had a meeting at church.

Jasper is now signing several new songs - If You're Happy and You Know It, God is So Good, I've got the Joy Joy Joy, He's Got the Whole World In His Hands. He is also showing interest in the piano and even likes to look at the music books. He now knows the number 0 by sight and continues to show a great memory. He does a really good job kicking his small soccer ball and can hit the ball off of his cone (we have a caution cone for a tee.) He can also pedal his tricycle. He plays pretend all the time and his favorite thing to be is a monster! Today he was drawing and told me he drew a cactus! I didn't even know he knew what a cactus was!!

No comments: