On April 2nd, we went to the Potowatomi Zoo with cousin, Ada, to celebrate her 2nd birthday.
This month, Jasper has mastered several things: He is completely potty trained and can sit on big potty with no seat. Jasper can dress /undress himself including shirt, pants, socks, shoes, and undies. Jasper can reach water (to wash hands with no stool.) As a reward for being potty trained, we went to Chuck E Cheese. We invited Ada and her Mommy and Uncle Colin.
The other day, I put on some scented body spray and Jasper said, “Mommy, you smell awful!” I laughed and thought it was cute. Later in the day he was playing with a toy and said, “This is awful!” I said, “Did you mean ‘awesome’?” Jasper said, “Yeah, this is awesome.” So, I smugly thought that he had also meant that I smelled ‘awesome.’ A few days later I was retelling the story to my parents and I said, “Jasper tell Grandma and Grandpa how Mommy smelled the other day” (thinking he would say awful again.) Instead he said, “TERRIBLE!” So know I know he really did think I smelled awful!
We've been reading Bible stories and discussing telling the truth. Sometimes if he tells me something and I say, "Are you telling me the truth?" he’ll hang his head and say no. I recently read Jasper Bible stories about Easter story afterwards, he said, “I love Jesus.” Jasper enjoyed an Easter egg hunt at home on Easter morning. It is so much fun to see how simple things thrill a child.
Jasper's finger got smashed in a door at school. We took him to the dr. and he got an x-ray. There was a small fracture, but it didn't require a splint or cast - thank goodness!
Jasper's finger got smashed in a door at school. We took him to the dr. and he got an x-ray. There was a small fracture, but it didn't require a splint or cast - thank goodness!
A great quote from the month: "My Spiderman shoes help me with my spidey sense. My Spiderman mask (as he pulled his Spiderman hat down over his eyes) helps me with my identities!"
No comments:
Post a Comment