On the morning of my birthday, Jasper was in a great mood and told me that I needed to pick out a birthday cake. I asked him what I should pick and he said, “Boys like Thomas cakes.” I asked what girls liked and he said, “Girls like ballerina cakes. We need to get you a ballerina cake, Mommy!" After work, Colin took Jasper and I out to Hacienda to celebrate. After dinner, Jasper and I went to Target to get a princess candle for my leftover cake from work. When we got home, Jasper sang Happy Birthday to me and we had cake. Then we set up our campout - an air mattress in the living room, a movie and popcorn. We slept on the air mattress all night!
On the 22nd, Jasper said, "Holy cow!" He also counted 21- 29 (missing 24 and 25.) On the 23rd, we visited Grandma and Grandpa B's house. Jasper enjoyed watching videos of Grandpa Brooke's model rocket launch. As he watched, Jasper said, "That’s amazing!" On the 25th, Jasper said, "That’s a bummer!" while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Jasper is beginning to enjoy a laugh. He likes dressing up and playing pretend. On the 29th, he said, "Aw man!" in the car and Josh and I laughed. Then he said it over and over and over , Aw man, Aw man, Aw man" and we laughed. He kept doing it and once we didn’t laugh and he said, “Laugh Mommy!” He also likes saying and making up silly rhymes such as 'easy kapezie' and 'peanut butter jelly you are smelly' and other nonsense words.
No comments:
Post a Comment