Sunday, April 17, 2011

March 2010

Josh was playing the Wii biking game and was going over a steep bridge.  He muttered, “this stinkin’ bridge.”  The next day, Jasper was playing and said, “Look, there’s the stinkin’ bridge.”  He said it just like that was it’s name, Brooklyn Bridge – Stinkin’ Bridge.  He enjoys playing Wii bowling and got a 143 all by himself.

Jasper told me that they played with beans at school.  The scooped them up, counted them and then put some in water.  I said, “What happened when you put them in the water?” (thinking he would tell me if they floated or sunk.)  He said, “They got nasty!”

Jasper, as always, deplores vegetables.  We’ve been forcing him to eat just a little of some each meal.  He tried some cauliflower with cheese the other night.  (Just ‘tiny’ bites – as he says.)  He wanted to earn a coupon for TV (he gets coupons for various achievements) so I said he had to eat all of his cauliflower.  He took a big bite, started to gag, tried very hard to hold it in, but then threw up.  He said, “Dad, I puked!”  The next time he had to eat a veggie, he took extra tiny bites and said it was so he wouldn’t puke.  For being so picky, Jasper likes strange food combinations – croutons in yogurt is one example.

I asked Jasper what he wanted to give Grandma and Grandpa for their birthdays, he chose one of his toy balls for Grandma and a toy hammer and pliers for Grandpa.  He picked out gift bags and tissue paper and was so excited to give the gifts to them!  We had a bridal shower for Katie (Derek's finace) in the middle of the month.  Jasper is very excited about his new Aunt Katie and had a great time 'helping' at the shower.

I asked Jasper if he wanted to take something to Papa Pete to cheer him up.  Jasper said he’d dress up like a Grandpa.  I asked how you dressed up like a Grandpa and he said with a hat, daddy’s shoes and a mustache.  When we were at Grandpa’s house, he put on Josh’s brown dress shoes, his park ranger hat, and asked me to draw a mustache on him.  I had some eyeliner in my purse.  He was adorably hilarious.  Grandpa got a kick out of it.  He left his mustache on all night.  Josh told him he looked like a villain with his mustache, so all evening he was running around saying, “I’m a ‘billan, I’m mean!”



It's starting to get a little warmer and Jasper got out and tried out his new bike at the park.  

Jasper has been signing a lot.  He likes to make up his own words to tunes he knows.  He also knows several songs such as 'Muffin Man' and 'On Top of Spaghetti.'  Jasper is still saying cute and funny things like 'robot activated' and 'darn it.'


No comments: