Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ABCs and Glue


Jasper and I are having a nice day together.  He is still getting up VERY early (5:30 this a.m., back to sleep until 6:30 a.m., rested on the couch with Mommy until 6:50 a.m.)  The three of us had a nice breakfast together this morning and Jasper has been so cooperative today!  He played with packages of baby wipes, using them like blocks, while I cleaned up the kitchen.  We listened to a CD with letter sounds.  He just listened and looked at the book that goes with the CD through the whole alphabet!  Occassionally, he'll make the letter sounds along with the CD.  He recongizes A now and sometimes B.  

Later he wanted to go upstairs to play with his drum and toy piano.  He danced up a storm!  Then we went to the library where Jasper loves to stand on the stool to put the books in the return slot.  

We went to the store to get some glue and when he saw the school glue, and I told him what it was, he said, "Me want glue."  He carried it around the store, and when I went to pay for it he made quite a show and screamed, "MY GLUE!"  As soon as he got it back he gripped it and wouldn't let go - not even to go into the next store.  Now after naptime, when I asked him if he wanted to use his new glue, he said, simply, "No."

No comments: