This week has been beautiful! The weather was so nice and the leaves so pretty. Jasper and I played in the leaves on my days off this week. Today I had him pose for some fall shots. He was fairly cooperative, but didn't like it a bit when his pants got wet from the damp leaves. After the photo shoot, we went on a walk (well, I walked and pushed Jasper in the stroller and had Nano on the leash.) We were heading one direction and Jasper yelled, "NO - dat way!" and pointed in the opposite direction. I turned around, and as soon as we were moving, he changed his mind, "No-dat way!" pointing back the way we'd just come from. I thought he was going to fall asleep, but I think he knew he was tired and was fighting it because he sat as far forward as he could the whole time. He finally did fall asleep in the car on the way to the library, so we just did a drive through drop off. It's so funny how much he fights taking a nap. At lunch (before we went on our walk) he fell asleep in his booster seat holding a piece of bagel to his mouth. I was cleaning up his plate and was planning to clean him up and put him in his crib when I heard the bagel fall on the floor and him jerk awake. Then he acted as if he wasn't even tired! Tonight Jasper was wound up after dinner. He was spinning around and around making himself dizzy. He was pointing out letters on the piano (KAWAI - he called the I a T, but knew the rest - even W, which is new today.) He was also saying his letters emphatically with a fist in the air, "D! B!" It was so funny. We all three played soccer in the living room. Jasper was doing a good job kicking the ball, though sometimes he'd just pick it up and run around the couch and into his room. He's fast asleep now - we're hoping for another quiet night like last night. The big boy bed is going pretty well, but we just wish he'd sleep past 6 a.m.!!
No comments:
Post a Comment