Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving at our House

This past Saturday, we hosted Thanksgiving for Josh's mom's side of the family at our house. We spent most of the day cleaning and getting food ready for our evening meal. Jasper enjoyed the day because he watched more TV than usual! I was excited to use my china (given to me by Grandma June) and my silverware (given to me by Grandma Lena.) Derek helped get the table set and the food ready before everyone else arrived.


Cathy, Walt, Aunt Jeanie, Uncle Tom, Derek, Josh and I all sat around the table and Jasper kind of sat in the corner in his highchair. The food was good and it was nice to see everyone. Jasper was in show off mode, which made the evening fun. He loved playing with Uncle Derek and was talking up a storm! This was the first time Tom and Jeanie had been to our house or seen Jasper in person.

Before Grandma Cathy left, she gave Jasper a kid-sized shovel, which be began calling his "bovel" and was trying to scoop up legos with it. It was a nice evening and I've decided entertaining with real dishes and silverware is fun about twice a year (lots more dishes than I'm used to!)

No comments: