Friday, April 24, 2009

A Taste of Summer


Today was gorgeous! Jasper and I stayed home all day, and had such a nice day - I can't wait for summer! This morning I told Jasper that he was officially in charge of potty. I told him I wasn't going to make him go, that he was in charge of telling me when he had to go. About 5 minutes later, he told me and got there with not even a dribble. A few minutes after that he had to go again (this time, he told me he needed to sit down.) Again, no accident, and after we read Green Eggs and Ham TWICE, he was all done. He only had one actual accident and that was shortly after he got up from his nap. He seemed upset about it saying, "I got pee on my stool." (The stool he stands on to be tall enough for the big potty) The only other one was my fault (Note to self - when Jasper's in charge of the potty, don't dress him in shorts with a belt!)

That small potty success really set us up for a good day. We had a fun morning of chores and painting some pasta for a necklace. Then we packed a picnic lunch together and headed to the park, played on the playground and then ate. He wanted me to go down the slide after him and he stood at the bottom with his arms out to "catch" me. Jasper took a nice long afternoon nap (giving me time to get some things done) and then we had a snack, completed our pasta necklace and went back to the park. Daddy met us there and then we all went to McDonald's for supper. Then it was back home for movie night. We all watched Monsters, Inc. Jasper loved it. He got a little scared a couple of times, but overall he did great - he was even growling like a monster throughout! Bedtime was smooth - Josh read him the "Busy Body Book" which talks about all the body systems, etc. Jasper now flexes his muscles and says in a growling voice, "My muscles!" He also said excitedly, "Daddy, Daddy, my brain is in my head!" It was a good day.

No comments: