Friday, February 13, 2009

Potty Training - Day 3

We were up and at 'em early this morning. Jasper woke up around 5:30. I asked him if he wanted dry nighttime pants and he said yes, so I put him in a dry diaper. I'm glad he doesn't like the feel of a wet diaper. At six he was awake for good, so he sat on the potty and put on big boy undies. He waited an hour before going again, and he didn't say anything, but he grabbed himself BEFORE he went (which is new) so we made it to the potty. After that he was dry for another hour and did the same thing. After that time, though, he went every few minutes for awhile, but did tell me most times.

We decided to go to his daycare Valentine's Party. He made it to the potty a little before we left, and he stayed dry from our house to Dollar General to Daycare. We went to the potty immediately when we got there, and he went! Then we had the party (he loved it! They made valentine head bands, valentine cards, valentine cookies and valentine picture frames. Then he had lunch with the kids and then got to take his decorated valentine box full of valentine cards and candy home.) Half way through the party, he looked at me and said, "Pee Pee" I scooped him up and ran to the potty. We made it before he started to go - which was pretty amazing since it was across the hall and I had to get out the fold up potty seat, take down his jeans, plastic pants and undies! I was thrilled! We tried going before we left, but he couldn't go.

We went to the library and as we were picking out movies he said, "Pee Pee" We ran through the library to the bathroom, unfolded the seat and got his pants down - - a little late. No biggie, I had extra undies and pants in my purse, so we just changed and went back and finished picking out our movies. I had bought him a small Valentine's bear at Dollar General earlier today, he named "her" Tooma. He holds her and strokes her head. He said, "I pat Tooma head" He took her into the "Pahty"[party] (which sounded confusingly like potty) and left her there, so we had to go back to daycare to get her. Then we went to the post office and as we were finishing up there he said, "Pee Pee." The post office didn't have a public bathroom, so I picked him up, ran to the car, grabbed the diaper bag, ran across the street to Dollar General, to the back of the store, down the hall to the bathroom, got his potty seat unfolded, pants down, and he peed a TINY bit, but none in his undies! He was so tired, he was leaning forward on me while still on the potty, half asleep. We got all put back together, back across the street to the car, and he was asleep in about two minutes. I put him on my bed on the waterproof mattress pad again, took off his shoes, pants and coat, and he was still dry. He's been asleep about an hour now and is still dry! He's taking his nap with "Tooma."

I'm pretty happy with how today's gone, and (as strange as it sounds) am anxious for when he poops again to see if he remembers to tell me and does as well as yesterday.

No comments: