Sunday, August 23, 2009

Eating Better, Losing Weight


Josh and I started the South Beach diet three weeks ago. The first two weeks, we could eat NO carbs or sugar. After two weeks, we added back in whole wheats and fruits in moderation. So far, I'm down about 11 pounds and Josh is down 8 or so (though probably more by now because our weigh in is tomorrow morning.) The plan is to stick with the low carb, low sugar, low fat diet until we get to our target weight and then add back in a few more carbs in moderation. It's a drastic change for us, but we're doing well. I hope to start walking on a regular basis, too, to help speed up the weight loss and to get healthier. We're starting a recipe blog to share some of our South Beach (and other) recipes as well as some of our hide-the-vegetable creations that we make for Jasper. I'm just setting it up, but will let you know when it's up and running. The address is www.kellemskitchen.blogspot.com

No comments: