Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tour de LaPorte

Today was the Tour de LaPorte (a walk/run and bicycle race) sponsored by the LaPorte Hospital Foundation to raise money for Cancer care. My mom, her friend Carol Kunkle, Judy, Heidi and I walked as a team (Jasper was along for the stroller ride, too!) We walked the 3.3 mile walk in just over 57 minutes. I thought that was pretty good for pushing a stroller, Jasper walking for a few minutes, and stopping a couple of times to get Jasper snacks! It was a nice cool morning for the walk! After the walk, Josh helped coordinate a Mini Tour de LaPorte which was a race for 4-8 year olds. It was very cute and the kids seemed to love it. Maybe in a couple of years, Jasper will be out there. Jasper dressed for the occasion in his 'Lil Fish Club t-shirt (that's the school program that Josh runs.) After we got home, Josh, Jasper and I all took a nap! It was a nice day, but I just wish there was one more day to the weekend.

No comments: