Monday, August 17, 2009

Jasper the Detective

I was able to bring home a box from work that looked a lot like a briefcase, so last week, Jasper and I filled it with detective tools. Jasper chose his Thomas the Train laptop, his 'doctor tools', colored pencils, his toy phone and the cardboard magnifying glass that I cut out to fill his briefcase. What he really wanted was his View Master, but we couldn't find it, so that became our first case - The Case of the Missing View Master. He put on one of my blazers and his cowboy hat over his pull up and away he went searching for clues. He soon shed his detective get up, but kept using his magnifying glass and found clues at the top of the stairs and on the door to the playroom (I think the 'clues' were just marks of crayon!) He did locate the view master and we called 'headquarters' with the play phone and then returned there (under the desk in the living room) to turn in our briefcase. It was fun pretending with Jasper. He has such a great imagination!

No comments: