Jasper had been complaining that his tummy hurt on Sunday morning and had required us to run back inside before leaving for church and turning the car around on the way to church so he could go potty (made it both times.) After we left Jack and Judy's Sunday afternoon, we had to turn the car around and go back so he could potty (made it again.) THEN we were nearing the little town of Fulton, he said he had to go potty. We pulled into the town's only gas station and get the key for the bathroom. It was a pretty gross bathroom, but we had the trusty potty seat cover, so we get him all situated and he said his tummy hurt, and then he threw up! We got him all cleaned up, clothes changed, dirty clothes bagged up, put a diaper on just in case there was more tummy trouble brewing, got a makeshift barf bag from the clerk in the gas station and were on our way. He ended up napping for about 3 hours and woke up dry (we took that diaper off very quickly!) and feeling much better.
He didn't sleep well Sunday night, and then finally overcame his constipation on Monday. We thought that would cure him, but he still wasn't acting quite right. He was up several times on Monday night and said his tummy hurt, so I slept with him on the couch to make sure he didn't throw up in his bed. He was acting ok with no fever by 6 a.m., so we sent him to daycare. When I picked him up Tuesday evening they said excitedly as I walked in, "Jasper poopied on the potty today!" Then he went again yesterday evening and woke up several times again last night and went again this morning. He's been asking for medicine, so I know he's not feeling right.

He actually ate a decent breakfast this morning, so I'm hoping he's on the mend. He's napping now and we'll see how it goes this evening. I had a stomachache for a couple days, so I think it's a bug going around.
He does have his good moments, though. Today, Grandma Cathy came to visit and he was having a good time playing with her. At one point, he decided to model his sunglasses for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment