Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Jasper-isms

Jasper is really coming up with some funny stuff these days! Here's a sampling.
~He likes the movie cars, and was going around saying "Ka-Chow!" afterwards.
~Jasper tells us what to do. For example, he'll say, "Mommy, you say Peek a boo and do this." (then he'll cover up his eyes with his hands.) I'll do it and he'll say, "Good job, Mommy" Sometimes he'll tell us to cry and he does this hilarious little pretend cry.
~Josh sneezed and Jasper said, "Excuse me." We told him that when other people sneeze you say Bless you. He's said that a couple times.
~When we ask him if he needs to go poopy, sometimes he says, "No, just toot."
~Jasper gets annoyed with Herman rubbing his legs under the table, so he'll shout, "No Hermine, bad kitty!"
~Jasper had a cold and sneezed really hard in the car the other day. I looked back and he had snot all over his face. He said, "My boogies got out, Mommy!"
~He had a rash of red spots on his chest this week. In the morning he was scratching at them, but later (on the way to the dr.'s office) I asked him if his spots itched. He said, "My polka dots all better now, Mommy."
~We were at the park with Uncle Colin over the weekend. Jasper wanted to pretend that the slide was a car. He said, "I drive, Mommy get in back" and pointed behind him, then he said, "Cowin, get way back" and pointed to the top of the slide.
~He likes to pretend anything round is a steering wheel and runs around making car noises.
~He heard birds and geese the other morning. I pointed out the goose sound and he said, "Grandma Doody (Judy) has goose at her house. and ducks and chickens..." I said do they have monkeys? He said, "No Monkeys live at my house."
~He likes the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon. They have a segment with "Mousekatools" There are three "tools" and one "mystery Mousekatool" which is represented by a '?' We were at the library and he wanted to play on the computer. I had him find various letters of the alphabet on the keyboard. He was doing well with several and then he found the '?' and said, "It's a Mousekatool!"
~He likes to climb up on our bed, but can't quite reach. He'll stop put his finger to his cheek and say, "I have an idea - I get my 'tool [stool]!" He goes and gets it and climbs right up.

No comments: