
This morning Jasper and I took a walk. We took our picnic blanket to the park for our morning snack and then Jasper played on the playground for a while. After he was done with the slides, he decided he wanted to run across the park. When he was near a big tree, he got a worried look on his face and said, "Potty." We were nowhere near a bathroom, so I thought, well, he's a 2 year old boy, who's going to care if he pees next to this tree?
So I pull down his pants and undies and stand behind him to shield his bare bottom from the wind and any onlookers (there was no one around, thank goodness!) I tried to help him aim away from his pants, but he didn't go! He was kind of whimpering and I didn't know why. Then I backed up and saw that he'd pooped! Right there on the ground at the park!! I didn't know what to do. He was squeezing his bottom like he had to go more. I tried to shake his little butt clean so I could at least pull up his pants to try to take him to what I thought was a bathroom across the park. As I was shaking him, some got on the outside of his jeans. Then he backs up and steps right in his own poop!
I picked him up and ran to the building that I'm now convinced has no purpose (at least not one useful to me today!) Then I stuck a plastic bag I had full of a wet blanket I'd used to wipe off the slides, in the stroller, plopped his poopy bottom on it and RAN toward the gas station saying over and over, "Hold it in, we're almost there." So I'm running full speed down this little alley way and then suddenly there's a truck behind me. I get over and then start thinking, did they see what just happened, is there a fine for leaving human feces in a public place? Should I go back and explain or try to pick it up? No I've got to get him to the bathroom so he can finish and change clothes. I get to the gas station (I'm guessing it was the equivalent to about 2 blocks from where we were) totally red in the face, we race back to the bathroom, clumsily run into the doorway as we're getting in and I get him on the toilet and he starts laughing and chattering to himself. He doesn't have to go anymore and is fascinated with the poo on his shoe! I get him all cleaned up and changed, splash some water on my face and we head out.
We pass the park on our way back and I see that truck still sitting there. I'm thinking...are they waiting for me to return to the scene? I could go pick it up as if it were my dog's poop, but wait, I don't have the dog with me and I don't have another bag with me. I just kept walking...should I go back later and pick it up?....
4 comments:
That is a great story Claire! :) Good to have documented so that when he's older you can share it with him, just a sample of all the gross things Moms deal with!
Oh yuck. Being a Mom sure can be gross! Sounds like you did the best possible thing considering...
This story is hilarious! I know this will happen to me at some point.I'm happy to think I won't be the only one ever stuck in this predicament. This will be one of those stories you'll tell at his HS graduation, wedding, and around the dinner table at Christmas!
Thanks for sharing!
That is toooooo funny. I can just picture you claire running him to the gas station!
Post a Comment