Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day


To celebrate Earth Day, Jasper made a couple of tree crafts. He painted a small paper plate green (as well as his hands and the table) and painted a piece of cardboard that I cut for a trunk brown. We glued them together and now we have two trees hanging on his art hooks.

We also went outside and buried some old onions and potatoes to see if they'll sprout. ???? And we threw our fruit/vegetable scraps in the garden. Then we went on a nature treasure hunt. I made a list of things we could find in nature: an acorn, a stick, a leaf, a pine cone, a rock and a flower. I did my best to draw a picture of each. He only recognized the pine cone (which I thought was the hardest - go figure!) He found a few acorns, a couple pine cones, tons of leaves and then he got tired. All of the things he found are in his little wheelbarrow. When he wakes up from his nap, we'll probably go finish.

Tomorrow we plan to go to the library where they are giving away free trees.

No comments: