
I've been telling Jasper the Easter story as we've been working on some Easter crafts this week. (He made an easter egg and a cross suncatcher and we tried a bunny today, but he basically painted the entire face white.)
It's so cute when I tell the story now, because he will fill in the blanks. He know that Jesus rode on a donkey and that the people said Hosanna as they waved 'big leaves'. He can identify a cross (though I didn't go into a lot of detail about this part.) He knows that after they put Jesus in a 'cave' they put a big rock in front of the door. He knows that when Jesus' friends came, that Jesus was gone because he was alive. At this point, Jasper says, "He is 'wisen'!" Then he knows that Jesus went into heaven. This morning when we got to this part, he said, "I want go to heaven now. I want go to heaven with Mommy and Daddy." It was so sweet, and I tried to explain that we will all go to heaven someday, but not today.
No comments:
Post a Comment