Friday, April 10, 2009

A Much Needed Nap!

Jasper is fast asleep - thank goodness! He's had some rough patches these past 24 hours! I didn't get to pick him up from daycare until 6 last night because of a very busy day at work. When I got there he acted strange, and at home he threw a huge tantrum and was crying uncontrollably. I finally got him to calm down by holding him really tightly. I asked what was wrong and if something had happened at school. He told me that another boy had pushed him. When I asked him where it happened (meaning during class, gymtime or naptime) he said, "in my head." He then said it was at naptime and that his teacher was there. After he told me about it, he was ok the rest of the night. I'll be talking to daycare about this Monday morning (unfortunately they're closed today so I couldn't bring it their attention today.)

He was up once in the middle of the night for about half and hour and up for good at 6 this morning. I could tell he was tired all morning because he was very whiny and would have occasional fits of crying. I asked him if he wanted to take an adventure with me to the basement (I needed to find a dress shirt in the next size up for Sunday.) and he got excited! He wanted to wear his snow boots and his paint shirt for the adventure. Then he said, "I take an adventure then I take a nap."

He looked for animals in our basement adventure and said he found one (though I hope there aren't any down there!) He was in a much better mood after that and fell asleep in the car on the way back from Dollar General.

No comments: