He said, "I want to write Gabby's name on it, Mommy." So as I was getting ready to tell him how to spell it, I decided to see if he knew the sounds. I said, "What letter makes the "guh" (not sure how you write out letter sounds) sound?" He said "G" I went on will A, B and Y and he knew them all! Later I did some others, he knew D, T, S, M, O and some others. He knew them both ways, by me saying the sound and he'd say the letter or by me saying the letter and he'd say the sound! I was AMAZED. I know that he learned it from a Leap Frog DVD "The Letter Factory" that we borrowed from the Hershbergers (so many weeks ago, I'm embarrassed to say!) I think we'll have to buy that one.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Letter Sounds
Jasper knows the sounds to several of the letters! I had no idea he knew this, but yesterday on the way home from daycare (he was very upset because he wanted to stay at school and play)I got him to talk about his day and he kept bringing up a girl named Gabby. She's probably 4 or 5, and Jasper apparently likes her because he said he wanted to make her an orange heart with glitter when he got home.
He said, "I want to write Gabby's name on it, Mommy." So as I was getting ready to tell him how to spell it, I decided to see if he knew the sounds. I said, "What letter makes the "guh" (not sure how you write out letter sounds) sound?" He said "G" I went on will A, B and Y and he knew them all! Later I did some others, he knew D, T, S, M, O and some others. He knew them both ways, by me saying the sound and he'd say the letter or by me saying the letter and he'd say the sound! I was AMAZED. I know that he learned it from a Leap Frog DVD "The Letter Factory" that we borrowed from the Hershbergers (so many weeks ago, I'm embarrassed to say!) I think we'll have to buy that one.
He said, "I want to write Gabby's name on it, Mommy." So as I was getting ready to tell him how to spell it, I decided to see if he knew the sounds. I said, "What letter makes the "guh" (not sure how you write out letter sounds) sound?" He said "G" I went on will A, B and Y and he knew them all! Later I did some others, he knew D, T, S, M, O and some others. He knew them both ways, by me saying the sound and he'd say the letter or by me saying the letter and he'd say the sound! I was AMAZED. I know that he learned it from a Leap Frog DVD "The Letter Factory" that we borrowed from the Hershbergers (so many weeks ago, I'm embarrassed to say!) I think we'll have to buy that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment